The first patch is now complete and ready to be uploaded as soon as the game is released. We cant change / upload the patch yet, as the game has been unchangeable for over a week as its prepared and tested.
- Made new, more professional buttons
- Simplified the HUD as it was cluttered with useless information (why have a health bar if we are showing a red vignette as the player gets low health?)
- Added a better control image in the menu
- Tweaked AMMO visual feedback for both the gun and the ship (Gun/Ship now lights up blue, yellow and red to show different levels of AMMO)
- Fixed some AI bugs in Bridge, Crew and Arcade levels
- Added gun sway, idle and walk animation
- Tweaked timing of end credits
- Tweaked the distance and health of the Rebel ship to allow audio to finish playing before its destroyed and new audio plays
- Re-baked shadows at a higher resolution
- Fixed GUI glitch with objectives
We are now testing these new changes and still seeing if we can find new things to fix / add / change. I've been looking into a bloom shader to make the neon styled lights on the gun and various other objects stand out and seem more light like, but so far I've not found a way to do it that offers the effect I am looking for, while maintaining 60fps.